Helping customers get their groceries, even when they can't leave the house
Senior Product Designer$110k – $140k • 0.0% – 0.001%
From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with a small cross-functional product team to design better ways to meet the on-demand grocery needs of our customers
- Finding answers to design challenges no other company has solved before
- Helping define our product strategy and roadmap
- Interviewing customers to get essential feedback to identify issues and improve future versions of Instacart
- Collaborating with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical consumer product experience for responsive web, iOS and Android platforms
What You Should Already Have
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A thorough understanding of web responsive, as well as native iOS and Android platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move Instacart's products in new and bold directions
- A strong sense of ownership
- You’re really interested in making stuff. Period.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Great office in downtown SF
- Take what you need vacation ( and we really mean it )
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
Instacart at a glance
Instacart focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Local, Groceries, and Content Delivery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Instacart has raised $1.446B of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018 at a valuation of $7.87B.