Our mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more
Our Operations team is seeking a Data Analyst focused on shopper insights and KPIs to support enhancing the shopper experience.
ABOUT THE SHOPPER 360 TEAM: In the spirit of Going Far, Together, the Shopper 360 team is dedicated to providing shoppers with a solid support network focused on community, pride, and work satisfaction. The team will achieve these goals by acting as a voice for shoppers while standing up and maintaining programming focused on learning, recognition and connection with one another and Instacart.
HIGHLIGHTS: This role will drive the continued improvement of our shopper experience. By developing quantitative and data-based business cases to support new or existing initiatives, the Shopper Insights sub-team will be the most active voice of our more than half a million full service shoppers. Using actual data, as well as benchmarking and qualitative input from other teams and shoppers, this team will create an Instacart that shoppers love and in turn customers love.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will monitor the most critical metrics that matter for our half a million full service shoppers.
- You will execute quantitative analysis requiring complex data structuring and retrieval and uncover and share critical business insights.
- You will build and maintain KPI dashboards and highlight key areas of opportunity and focus.
- You will analyze the impact and effectiveness of currently in-flight programs and help guide their future strategy.
- You will create analytical and visual tools to support account managers and their relationships with partners.
- You will collaborate on critical operational projects that support our shoppers, testing new processes and developing business cases for future productization.
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, finance, operational excellence, or other quantitative and relevant field.
- Advanced capabilities in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and data visualization tools, e.g., Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Experience translating data into insight: you can take a database of thousands of records and translate it into actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills: while you’re fluent in Excel and SQL, you can still speak the language of operations and continuous improvement to internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to engage in the field: you will bring the full shopper perspective to bear as you conduct your analysis and make your recommendations.
- Fluent in all forms of data: you understand how different KPIs interact with each other and can predict the cascading affects one process change may have on a set of metrics.
- Positive and energetic attitude: Even the most demanding stakeholders can’t get you down, you can keep a smile and a hard-working attitude through even the most demanding moments.
Instacart at a glance
Instacart focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Local, Groceries, and Content Delivery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Instacart has raised $2.371B of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2020 at a valuation of $17.5B.