Natural language search for Machine Data
Python Systems Engineer
Simple is better than complex. Complex is better than complicated… practicality beats purity. Errors should never pass silently. Unless explicitly silenced. – from the Zen of Python
At Insight Engines, we’re doing the hard work so our customers don’t have to. Our goal is to get the right data into the right structure, turn it into information, then process that information into something accessible for humans to gain insights that weren’t possible before. We create and use natural language technologies to make complex data systems more accessible, understandable, and usable for more people. By integrating data systems and natural language models with APIs, we create powerful, easy to use products.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. Do you enjoy writing scalable code in Python? Designing clean object-oriented components and/or HTTP APIs? Learning new technology areas such as natural language processing and machine learning? As an integral part of our technology team, you will work on our core Python systems, including data pipelines, web APIs, and our natural language query engine. You’ll integrate various systems, optimize performance, and develop reliable data-driven architectures and applications. You’ll get to play many roles, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
The kinds of problems you’ll work on include:
- Indexing, understanding, and normalizing messy data to enable high-performance analytics
- Optimizing database queries and surrounding code for efficient real-time processing
- Scaling and maintaining data processing pipelines
- Crafting easy-to-use APIs for machine learning, natural language, and data visualization applications
- Leveraging existing open source technologies like Kafka, Druid, Spark, PostgreSQL, Elastic, and other tools
- Making data more accessible using natural language technologies
Technologies we’re using at Insight Engines:
- Python for natural language, search, and data processing
- Go for data processing and frontend APIs
- High-performance time series, text search, and relational databases
- All deployed on Kubernetes
When applying, please tell us about some of the real-world Python systems and applications you have worked on.
Women, People of Color, Minorities, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (CS or relevant 4-year technical degree a plus)
- 3+ years of Python software development
- Familiar with at least one database query language, such as SQL, or with NoSQL storage systems like Elastic or Redis
- Use engineering best practices - deliver high code quality, automated testing, and build reusable components
- Cloud deployment experience on AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar platform
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Open vacation policy
- Health care insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Health care FSA
- Transit & parking FSA
- Free lunch at the SF office
- Flexible work hours
- Holiday time off
Please apply through the following link: https://insightengines.applytojob.com/apply/CIaeRKsvW4/Python-Systems-Engineer?source=angellist
Meet your team
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Healthcare & dependent care fsa
Flexible work schedule
Free lunch provided daily in the sf office
Transit & parking fsa
Monthly team outings
Movie nights, brewery tours, impromptu happy hours, you name it!
Cool office in sf
Close to BART, MUNI, and lots of good bars and restaurants
Insight Engines at a glance
Insight Engines focuses on Semantic Search, Natural Language Processing, Cyber Security, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Insight Engines has raised $15.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.