Saving the world, bit by bit, grid by grid
Software Development Lead$77k – $83k
We are looking for an experienced software guru to lead our development team and serve as the software architect for our solutions. As the ultimate owner of the solution architecture and technical delivery, you will work with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the development team delivers a world-class quality product on time, within budget and meeting all feature/functional requirements.
Insight Robotics was named the IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year and Best for the Environment by B Corp in 2015, and one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in 2016.
- Lead a team of Software Developers across all elements of solution design, development, and delivery
- Liaise with product owners, and sometimes clients, to turn the product feature and functional requirements into software deliverables within an agreed timeline and budget
- Drive overall software architecture and designs for company's solutions to meet the company’s product requirements
- Interface with and manage vendors and partners to ensure on time delivery of high quality required results
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality. Mentor and coach team members to develop product/solution in an efficient and effective way
- Analyse and improve software quality, including scalability, stability and security; Develop different testing procedures to achieve this goal
- Lead a continuous product improvement effort based on both internal product strategy and client feedback / usage data
- On occasion, act as the external product representative and present, explain and pitch the product(s) to clients and partners
*Qualification and Experience *
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years experience in a technical management or engineering management role
- Experience with Cloud based solution architecture, DevOps, network programming and coroutine-based network threading library
- Experience with Geomesa.org with cassandra datastore
- Good understanding in Cassandra design principals, cluster connectivity and security
- Good understanding in NoSQL, Relational DBs (MSSQL, MySQL), SOA, EDA, and design patterns
- Strong software engineering process fundamentals (e.g. Agile/Scrum, testing levels & methodologies, use of bug-tracking tools, git, etc.)
- Strong appreciation of the importance of usability in the user interface
- A track record of delivering successful software solutions
- Fanatical pursuit of quality and technical excellence
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and apply your technical problem-solving skills
- An interest in GIS (graphical information systems) & mapping
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all level of people within the company
- Fluent written and spoken English, Chinese is preferred.
The position is on a renewable 1-year fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs).