Saving the world, bit by bit, grid by grid
Insight Robotics is looking for an experienced project manager to manage the delivery of different projects in Hong Kong and China. Your responsibilities include oversight of the project from beginning to end including; initial client meeting & proposal generation, vendor and partner management, as well as report generation. It will be your responsibility to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and to the highest possible quality.
As a Project Manager, you will manage internal team-members and external vendors/suppliers as well as manage the client where necessary. You will also accompany members of the sales team on client meetings to provide your technical expertise and provide feedback to the development team so they can continually improve our product offerings.
You will provide service from local and oversea companies to certain government departments in the region and play a key role in leading the success of a rapidly expanding aerial survey business.
- Lead customer relationship to build confidence and trust, and ensure project progress arranging meetings and customer events
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of large-scale aerial survey projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Alongside the sales team, manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and improve project execution workflow and project management approach
- Provide feedback to relevant development teams for continuing product and service improvement
- Proven working experience (3+ years) in aerial survey/remote sensing in an operational capacity. UAV specific experience a strong plus
- Intimate knowledge of remote sensing & GIS fundamentals and ground survey mapping
- Ability to manage internal team members & external partners
- Ability to manage large-scale remote sensing projects from end-to-end (data collection, image processing & analysis, GIS/mapping work, report generation)
- Ability to present to clients at a technical level when needed
- Degree in relevant GIS, remote sensing or mapping field a plus
- Language Requirement: English, Cantonese (Mandarin will be a plus)
- Job will involve occasional travel to project sites**
The position is on a renewable 1-year fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs).