Automating retail with computer vision
Distributed Systems Engineer$100k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.5%
We are building state-of-the-art perception technology to blur the lines between the physical and digital world. Our mission is to create the most effortless shopping experience and establish a new global payments standard.
This all starts with automated retail checkout. By automating checkout solely using computer vision, Inokyo is building a digital interface for physical stores.
Executing real-time inference on dozens of video streams and processing all events with minimal latency and uncompromising accuracy is no easy feat and Inokyo is doing this today in retail stores.
We're looking for an experienced engineering with deep systems knowledge excited about building a high-performance, high-throughput, low-latency distributed system for machine learning.
You’ll be solving hard algorithmic and distributed systems problems every day and building a real-time distributed inference and stream processing platform.
Inokyo is a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems or related development work.
- You enjoy using the right programming language for the job and seamlessly transition between a number of them to balance performance, reliability and observability in your systems.
- Direct experience deploying machine learning models into production is a plus
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects are a plus can be a replacement for work experience in some circumstances (e.g. You’ve been a student just finishing your degree)
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. Our interview process strongly tests for communication as we have a very fast paced and collaborative work environment. Ideas and specifications are relayed quickly and clearly.
Inokyo at a glance
Inokyo focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Retail Technology, and Shopping. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.inokyo.com