Inkling is a modern learning platform designed for today’s learners
Site Reliability Engineer
At Inkling, we believe getting an organization’s most critical knowledge to their people should be simple. We know that learning should happen flawlessly, on the job and in the moment. The Inkling modern learning platform brings this vision to life.
Designed for today’s learners and today’s work, we equip some of the world’s most recognized brands to quickly create beautiful content, build structured learning paths, generate meaningful insights, and drive business impact.
The Inkling team is committed to delivering a better learning experience for everyone. If this sounds like a mission you’d like to support, please apply below!
As the first Site Reliability Engineer of the infrastructure team, you’ll work alongside talented, experienced engineers as they build an innovative, scalable, and maintainable platform. We are committed to delivering the highest systems uptime and empowering other teams to build great software. We’re looking for an engineer with experience developing and deploying highly scalable distributed systems to join us. You will work with the latest technologies and collaborate with the team to develop the long term vision for our platform.
- Lead reliability and performance monitoring to maintain and improve our network.
- Build new infrastructure to support the platform using modern AWS technologies such as EKS, Fargate, Lambda, DynamoDB, and RDS.
- Be responsible for network and systems monitoring, alerting strategies, and providing support for our on-call rotation that responds quickly to issues.
- Build and maintain efficient tooling for the entire engineering organization to improve developer productivity.
- Guide scaling decisions as our network grows.
- 3+ years of infrastructure engineering experience (prior Site Reliability Engineer title not required).
- You have managed complex production systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Prior experience building and maintaining complex web applications and holding them to a high SLA.
- You work well under pressure and solve problems using an analytical approach: decisive, fast moving; quick and constructive resolutions of conflicts; and have a can-do mentality.
- Ample experience with AWS services such as compute (EC2, Fargate, Lambda), containers (EKS, ECR), data storage (S3, RDS PostgreSQL/Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch), caching (ElastiCache Redis and Memcached), CDN (Cloudfront or Fastly), messaging (SQS/SNS/Kinesis), monitoring (CloudWatch).
- Proficient with Docker.
- Networking experience, comfortable working with command-line Linux.
- Excellent ability to communicate, organize, and give honest feedback.
- Great coding skills, ability to design complex systems, and can help others produce great technical designs as well.
- Familiarity with these tools / technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Jenkins CI, Github, NGINX, HAProxy, Tableau.
- Experience with modern monitoring solutions: Splunk, DataDog, New Relic, etc.
- Experience operating in a SOC2 certified environment.
- Formal Computer Science degree(s).
What we offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Catered Lunch and Dinner
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone and Data Reimbursement
- 401(k) Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Near Public Transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Inkling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Inkling does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision plans
We offer equity grants and competitive salaries, benchmarked by using up-to-date market compensation data
We understand that everyone has different schedules and commitments both in and outside the office. Get your work done with flexible working and PTO schedules, and work-from-home options
Enjoy daily catered lunches and salad bars; as well as artisan coffee, tea, and healthy snacks to keep you fueled throughout the work day. If you’re working late, your dinner is on us
Monthly wellness stipend; weekly mindfulness sessions; secure bike storage for those who cycle to work
Pre-tax commuter benefits
From Space Guild to Cycling to Inkling Book Club, we embrace diverse interests and a positive environment where everyone can be involved. We also host happy hours, company and team events -- the list goes on
We love our Inkling families and support them with leading parental leave policies and partnerships with organizations like CLEO and UrbanSitter
Inkling at a glance
Inkling focuses on Mobile, Human Resources, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Inkling has raised $102.145M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.