Inkling is a modern learning platform designed for today’s learners
Staff Software Engineer
At Inkling, we believe getting an organization’s most critical knowledge to their people should be simple. We know that learning should happen flawlessly, on the job and in the moment. The Inkling modern learning platform brings this vision to life.
Designed for today’s learners and today’s work, we equip some of the world’s most recognized brands to quickly create beautiful content, build structured learning paths, generate meaningful insights, and drive business impact.
The Inkling team is committed to delivering a better learning experience for everyone. If this sounds like a mission you’d like to support, please apply below!
We’re looking for a talented staff software engineer to join our diverse and growing engineering team. This role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We need someone who has a passion for creating excellent user experiences that our customers and their employees will love. We’re motivated by the fact that our product will impact the day-to-day of businesses and field employees by bringing them modern technology for a more enriched work life.
- Build Inkling web applications using React, Redux, Flow, Express, and more.
- Work on project-based teams with backend engineers that are building features with technologies like Node.js, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
- Work with product managers, designers, and other teams to understand our customer's problems and what an elegant, delightful solution would look like.
- Work closely with design using tools like Zeplin and InVision.
- Plan, architect, and iterate on impactful features.
- Contribute beyond the level of a single engineer by advocating for good engineering practices and mentoring other engineers on your team.
- An understanding of design principles that lead to scalable and maintainable web application architectures.
- Our team values working well with other people. You must have excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate well with our product, design and other engineering teams.
- Startup experience.
What we offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone and Data Reimbursement
- 401(k) Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Near Public Transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Inkling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Inkling does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision plans
We offer equity grants and competitive salaries, benchmarked by using up-to-date market compensation data
We understand that everyone has different schedules and commitments both in and outside the office. Get your work done with flexible working and PTO schedules, and work-from-home options
Enjoy daily catered lunches and salad bars; as well as artisan coffee, tea, and healthy snacks to keep you fueled throughout the work day. If you’re working late, your dinner is on us
Monthly wellness stipend; weekly mindfulness sessions; secure bike storage for those who cycle to work
Pre-tax commuter benefits
From Space Guild to Cycling to Inkling Book Club, we embrace diverse interests and a positive environment where everyone can be involved. We also host happy hours, company and team events -- the list goes on
We love our Inkling families and support them with leading parental leave policies and partnerships with organizations like CLEO and UrbanSitter
Inkling at a glance
Inkling focuses on Mobile, Human Resources, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Inkling has raised $102.145M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.