Powering the future of school district operations
Senior Account Executive$100k – $180k • 0.0% – 0.01%
About the role
You will meet or exceed sales objectives in the assigned region by opening the territory and establishing and building long-term customer relationships. Whether it be business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising, your career journey illustrates a strong track record in relationship building and pipeline management. You are motivated by hitting targets using your fail-safe relationship-centric, values-driven approach. In your next opportunity, it is important to you that you have the room to flex your entrepreneurial muscles, work in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with an exceptional team of bold industry leaders to drive lasting impact in our schools.
Salary range includes variable compensation based on quota attainment. However, the commission is uncapped.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and implementing territory sales plans that strategically build a network of key clients, advocates, and extend market reach.
- Consistently achieving or exceeding annual quota targets within territory through new clients, upsells, and cross-selling.
- Managing multiple complex sales with 3-6 month sales cycles and a dynamic buyer landscape.
- Developing relationships with director and Superintendent-level roles through demos and in-person visits, while achieving buy in from all relevant stakeholders within K12 school systems.
- Maximizing territory penetration and keep abreast of industry and market dynamics affecting the selling environment.
- Prioritizing and managing sales activities through our CRM database.
- Collaborating with fellow sales team members to achieve individual and team goals.
- Representing Informed K12 at conferences and other networking events.
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You’re industrious and can do a lot with a little. You demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle – from maintaining existing relationships to identifying new prospects and managing deliveries.
- Strategic & Quick on your feet. You imagine possibilities left and right. And yet you always have a vision for where you’re headed and only pursue ideas and opportunities that help support that strategic direction.
- A Relationship Builder. People are drawn to you. You earn respect and trust quickly; and have a knack for successfully building new relationships to scale your team's mission.
- Articulate & Sharp. You have a reputation for being particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You have a strong and confident presence.
What you’ll need
- Above all, an ability to quickly and clearly articulate a value proposition for K12 buyers. You’ll need to sell and achieve quotas of $600,000+ a year.
- 3-5 years of experience with K12 markets, demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, partnerships, solution sales, and/or complex enterprise SaaS sales.
- You are already well-versed in how to manage a sales pipeline and meticulously track deals as you guide each through the cycle.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized, connect with buyers, and hit quotable and other measurable goals.
- Tangible experience selling to diverse buying groups, including experience selling to C-level decision-makers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to connect ideas and diverse audiences fluidly.
- Experience with a CRM, Salesforce preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We implement policies like the Rooney rule in hiring and work with organizations such as Code2040. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.