Machine learning to help lenders collect and analyze documents to fund loans faster
Sr. Software Engineer, DevSecOps$125k – $165k • 0.025% – 0.5%
Informed, Inc. is a well-funded Series A start-up in San Francisco helping auto lenders automate their loan originations using technology. Informed’s software-as-a-service products help auto lenders increase top line revenue by collecting and verifying documents to fund loans and decisioning applicants across vehicles they otherwise would not know they qualify to finance.
- Design, automate, and optimize the deployment, management, monitoring, and evolution of our infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Heroku), with a passion for process automation and operational excellence.
- Ensure that both production systems and internal IT processes adhere to security best practices and company security policies, proactively identifying vulnerabilities in our system and creating plans to address them
- Ensure business and service continuity through timely response to incidents, events, and problems and own disaster recovery
- Lead investigation of production outages, leveraging skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, system anomalies, and performing root cause analysis of issues as they come up
- Tackle problems both at large and small scale, with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code.
- Provision and maintain infrastructure to ensure our services scale.
- Propose architectural changes that are scalable and supported by the team.
- Identify, assess, and integrate outside services that make us more efficient.
- 3+ years of software development experience with an emphasis in DevOps or DevSecOps in Series B or later start-ups.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working in a high compliance environment such as PCI, HIPAA, or SOC2
- Experience with DNS, SSL, firewalls, and administering Linux-based environments.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, system testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, self-motivate, and own projects end-to-end
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Desirable but not required skills:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails, Python, or another interpreted language.
- Experience building and running RESTful web services on the AWS or other cloud platform
- Expertise with distributed caches and relational databases (Memcache, Redis, Postgres, MySQL)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Daily lunch catered to the office
- Healthcare, dental, and vision partially paid by company
- Two weeks of paid time-off in addition to seven paid company holidays
Informed, Inc. is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.