Building the next gen of tech powering democracy starting with US Congress
UI/UX Designer$90k – $110k • 0.0% – 0.35%
What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to the most basic constituent request? We view this is as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of inbound communication. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live in member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
- You will be working for a CEO that is a former UX designer/teacher and values design heavily
- Define, design, and imagine what a 10-star constituent experience should be in a modern democracy
- Research the needs of constituents, staffers, members of U.S. Congress and Representatives at all levels of government - synthesize that data into meaningful insights then materialize them into beautiful user experiences for our engineering team to execute on
- Shape the next generation of the Indigov product and user experience
- Own the end-to-end design process including researching, designing, launching, measuring, and iterating to solve customer needs
- Create wireframes, clickable prototypes, and high fidelity UX flows and designs
- Communicate your designs to the team to champion your concepts
- Plan and execute on research initiatives to help us understand the needs of our users, improve the usability of our product, uncover new business opportunities, and help inform our roadmap
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment to create simple and consistent user-centered experiences
- Balance empathizing with our customers with an understanding of our business strategy
- Stay informed and share the latest trends and best practices in UX/UI design with the broader team
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and apply a strategic mindset to turn them into something useful and desirable for our customers as well as impactful to our business
- Drive innovation by exploring creative ideas that will elevate the product experience by designing flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant
- 4+ years’ experience as a UX or interaction designer, with a strong background in visual design
- A robust design portfolio demonstrating your passion for intuitive, beautiful user-centered designs of successfully launched products
- Experience using industry-standard design tools (Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Ability to design at all stages of development while integrating ongoing user research, building from sketches and wireframes to prototypes to high fidelity mocks
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team
- You have a BA/BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or UX Design, or related design experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
The values we care about the most
- Passion for meaningfully fixing a core component of our democracy. Passion for building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive.
- Accountability & ownership. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of our work. The buck always stops with you!
- Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that other startups aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than makeup for it. We are looking for folks that share that passion!
Meet your team
Indigov at a glance
Indigov focuses on Government Innovation, Open Government, Federal Government, and Civic Tech. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://indigov.us