Inara pays authors directly for every page stream with Streaming Ebooks Micropayments
Software DeveloperNo salary • No equity
We have two internship opportunities with our Tucson-based startup, Inara.
The Software Developer helps with the development of our current project, a Streaming Ebooks Micropayments platform and mobile web application using a SDK based on the Hedera distributed ledger network and consensus algorithm. The duties primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The Software Developer will be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers and Management Team on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
• Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
• Directing system testing and validation procedures.
• Directing software programming and documentation development.
• Consulting with Management Team and Customer Advisory Board on project status and proposals.
• Working Management Team and Customer Advisory Board on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems and modifications of an existing system.
• Consulting with Product Manager to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
• Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
• Conferring with Product Manager to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Must be authorized to work in U.S.
We are committed to providing a superior internship experience including an engineering and other hands-on training. Our commitment extends to working with our interns in their career development. We tie the internship to our interns' formal education program whenever possible.
If this all sounds like you, contact us today and let’s talk about creating a new future.
Inara is a tokenized ebooks economy that enables authors to get paid directly for every page stream of their ebooks and for readers to participate in ebooks curation with an incentivized design. When the page turns, the author earns.
Inara CEO Glenn McCreedy founded Breakaway Media LLC—among the first publishing companies in 2009 to publish and sell on Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing platform. We sold nearly a million ebooks over the years and our title, THE SHOP, bumped The Hunger Games off Amazon’s number one spot.
We realized that we and other authors in our network were increasingly challenged to earn a living with Amazon’s tightening algorithms, thousands of authors joining the platform every month, and the downward pricing pressure on ebooks all the way to “free.” Now, authors are forced to buy ads from Amazon to get visibility and sell on KDP. We founded Inara and built an ebook ecommerce platform to help authors break free and get paid directly so they can earn a living and write the great books that readers want to read.
Today, Inara is a proud cohort member of the Hedera Boost startup program — hedera.com/boost. We are building on the success of our existing platform and designing a new category, Streaming Ebooks Micropayments that is transforming the publishing industry.
At Inara, you will always have your best opportunity to contribute and develop yourself. We have fun and strive to lift each other up. We prize initiative and creativity and believe that each member of the team is a leader serving others.
Meet your team
Inara.ai at a glance
Inara.ai focuses on Publishing, EBooks, Ecommerce, Author, and Digital Publishing. Their company has offices in New York City, Dallas, San Diego, and Tucson. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.