Building the future of multiplayer
Game Intelligence Analyst
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as a Game Intelligence Analyst in the Edmonton studio is to work directly with our game teams to collect and analyze gameplay, game economy, and player engagement metrics to help understand how players interact with our games. You will have a passion for data-driven decision making and a natural curiosity that pushes you to think about different ways to consider the player data.
Areas for Impact
Your work will ensure we deliver exceptional game experiences to our players, and will be leveraged by multiple stakeholders across both game development and the future marketing and release of our game. Other areas of impact may include:
- Exploring and monitoring game metrics, translating this information into actionable insights and competitive intelligence to increase our game’s performance in the marketplace.
- Provide analysis of in-game player behaviour, game economy, and monetization metrics that will support many stakeholders on the team in making decisions.
- Development and ownership of standard reports and dashboards on the collective experience of our players, in collaboration with the SpatialOS team.
- Support by providing ad hoc reports and data visualization as needed to the production or marketing teams, and providing them with the information they need as the game progresses forward.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis (analyzing, manipulating, and deriving insights from complex in-game data).
- Previous experience in a similar position in a live services game development environment.
- Good working knowledge of statistical analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, BigQuery, Google Analytics).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
- *Strong background or educational background in statistics or a related field is an asset. *
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.