Building the future of multiplayer
IT Network Engineer
It will be your goal to take ownership of the Improbable corporate network globally and work directly on delivering performance and security improvements to our primary staff network. Acting as the subject matter expert for networking across the business taking ownership of all Network related IT solutions across both our Defence and Games development studios globally.
Areas of Impact:
/ Taking a lead on re-architecting the company's networking estate working towards a future state of ISO 27001/2 standards compliance.
/ Improving the performance of our global game studio network infrastructure.
/ Using your experience to identify areas of improvement in our physical infrastructure.
/ Working with our internal defence stakeholders to create new secure networks
/ Introducing network stability and performance monitoring
/ Creating a geolocated routing system for our local and /cloud hybrid services
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have worked hands-on in the creation and delivery of physical core networks at scaleable company and are excited about the opportunity of driving forward a re-design of Improbable's Network estate as we continue to expand across the globe.
- You are comfortable in working in Github source control and code review
- Enjoy working with cutting edge and often challenging cloud and physical hybrid services
- You are familiar with working in an environment where you are responsible for managing multiple work-streams.
- Have delivered physical network solutions to ISO 27001/2 standards
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.