Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Field Engineer
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a Field Engineer at Improbable, you will play part product manager, part evangelist, part R&D and part business development as well as managing and growing the sales engineering function at Improbable.
You will be heading out with our Business Development team to meet new clients. You will pitch SpatialOS to technical leadership, advise customers on how to build multiplayer games and provide answers to technical and creative questions raised by clients
Helping customers design and make solid architectural choices early on. As a games engineer, you will be paramount in ensuring the success of a SpatialOS game through these early technical choices.
You will be involved in building internal projects to demonstrate and de-risk the potential of SpatialOS, which can be used for sales material and customer demonstrations.
Areas of Impact:
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Helping the business development team engage with all of our prospective customers
- Spend time researching and developing interesting and innovative use cases for SpatialOS
- Attend conferences, conduct talks and constantly be at the forefront of latest trends within the games industry
- Research and de-risk potential new games and genres to be made with SpatialOS
- Steer internal engineering teams, translating customer requirements to ensure the tools and features we build are in line with what they need.
- Work with product managers to help define the long term product roadmap for SpatialOS
We’d like to hear if you if you identify with ANY of the following:
- Experience building games, and have shipped at least one title
- Experience working with engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding
- Passionate about teaching and sharing knowledge, empathetic and patient
- Interest in building and launching new gaming experiences in virtual worlds
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and or game development
- Customer facing experience.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.