Building the future of multiplayer
IT Software Engineer
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
It will be your goal to assist the team in the creation of code to help in the delivery of our global IT engineering projects
We intend for this role to work closely with our junior engineers to deliver velocity driven outcomes for our development teams and corporate functions.
Areas of Impact:
/ / You will be tasked in driving a project to orchestrate our 3D remote hosting systems across Azure/GCE Cloud and our physical locations and writing a front end
/ Mentorship to the junior team
/ Using your skills and experience to identify opportunities to script elements of our business functions
/ You will be responsible for updating our puppet and ansible configurations in-line with business needs
/ You will be given the ability to take ownership of current custom automation systems in Improbable and growing them to our needs
/ You will have the opportunity to help support the build of a custom asset management system as part of our IT Software Engineering Apprenticeship
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have worked a lot with IT infrastructure and your passion moved you into script + automation
- You are comfortable in working in Github source control and code review
- Enjoy working with cutting edge and often challenging cloud and physical technologies
- You have lead the software engineering tasks within projects and feel confident in your capabilities and are free to vocalise your thoughts
- You are able to clearly document and communicate software engineering tasks through project planning tools e.g. Jira
- Have a keen interest in innovation and cutting edge technologies and have up to date knowledge of technical IT solutions
- Preferable knowledge of the following; Azure/GCE API, Puppet, Ansible and Systems Orchestration
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.