Building the future of multiplayer
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as an Audio Programmer is to implement the complexities of the creative vision of the artists and designers of the audio team. You will play a key role interfacing between the game engine and content creators, and support the game development by finding solutions - in the way of writing tools or features as needed - that will increase the content offering.
Areas for Impact
The impact to a project expected from an audio programmer is focused on consistent and disciplined delivery. We expect our audio programmers to:
- Collaborate directly with all disciplines, and play and evaluate the game daily.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the programming processes.
- Create high quality software within industry standard timelines.
- Complete audio features to the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
- Collaborate tightly with audio designers to gather requirements, architect, and deliver high-quality features and tools.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g.: programming, debugging, maths, etc…)
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development.
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog with guidance from the code leadership.
- Skilled in one or more common programming languages, C, C++, C#.
- Experience with common game engines like Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine, or Frostbite (preferable).
- Experience working with industry standard game development audio software packages, e.g.: Wwise, Nuendo, Cubase, Ableton, etc...
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- Alert and communicative about any impediments on their ability to deliver.
- Driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them.
- Constructive and helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Constructive and forthright about Improbable, the project, and the team.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.