Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Level Designer
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
At Improbable we believe that making the best experience means building and empowering the best teams. As a Senior Level Designer in our new UK studio, you will be empowered to create incredible interactive content through cutting edge tools for quick and effective work, direct access to the answers you need about your players, and an ever present vigilance in keeping a healthy work/life balance. Our goal is to improve how the industry makes games by helping you make hit products using new techniques that focuses primarily on our players.
Areas of Impact
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of level design processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the level design and environment art within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following design processes.
- Create high quality levels and level mechanics within industry standard timelines.
- Own discrete areas of the game and execute on it with a high degree of quality, e.g: social spaces, combat spaces, puzzle rooms, etc
- Generate high quality content for user acquisition and engagement, e.g.: marketing assets.
We’d like to hear if you if you identify with the following:
- Expert in the process of creating levels with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- Excellent understanding of moment-to-moment mechanics and player movement through levels.
- Excellent understanding of how to use mechanics to drive players through mastery exercises.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve level creation process or discipline.
- Excellent skills in one or more game engines or packages, e.g: Unreal, Unity, Blender, etc
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
Nb: While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.