Building the future of multiplayer
UI Engineer - Midwinter Entertainment
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
as a multi-talented UI Engineer in our West Coast studio is to create advanced UI systems using Unreal Engine 4 that will directly contribute to the success of our first title, Scavengers.
You will join a highly experienced team of engineers with a lot of drive and energy. Within this small team you’ll have the opportunity for your work and effort to have a significant impact on the games we make.
Areas for Impact
- Leveraging your problem-solving capabilities to find answers to challenging, complex technical problems.
- Using your strong communication skills to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Maintaining features, shipping quality C++ code, and creating solid, bug-free systems through your thorough understanding of 3D math, debugging, and performance.
- Maintaining and expanding the UI stack for our first title through your prior experience working with similar systems.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- 1+ years of game industry experience
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- Professional experience working with UI systems in Unreal Engine 4 (or similar)
- 1+ shipped console games (an asset)
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.