Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Technical Recruiter, Games Technology (6-month FTC)
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
“Provide the gateway to extraordinary talent through effective partnership and superior tactics.”
The Talent Acquisition Team at Improbable operates a unique, embedded model which draws heavily on Agile principles to enhance recruitment excellence. This recent transformation has revolutionised our approach to hiring during 2020 and we continue to create modern recruitment techniques that provide a competitive advantage.
Working as a Talent Partner within the Games Technology Unit at Improbable is a unique opportunity to partner with our Core Technology and Product teams, across the UK, US , Canada and Germany. You will work with key stakeholders delivering against hiring strategies to revolutionise the way we and our customers build games and simulations.
- Partner with the Global Games Technology business to drive the end to end recruitment life cycle to ensure timely delivery, refining and streamlining the hiring process where possible
- Compose and execute creative sourcing strategies against prioritised requisitions to develop superior talent pipelines with a meaningful emphasis on diversity
- Evangelise Improbable culture and value proposition, representing this passionately to develop alignment towards our mission
- Maintain exceptional standards and data integrity across tools and systems
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Substantial recruitment pedigree within the Tech or Games industry.
- 5+ years of experience hiring across multiple disciplines within Technology, such as Software Engineers, QA and Product.
- Deep appreciation and respect for the fundamentals of talent acquisition, but creative, curious and innovative when considering modern frameworks and tactics to gain a competitive advantage
- Influential and compelling stakeholder management skills.
- Passionate about Games and maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the latest Games and innovation within the Industry
- Delivery mindset, able to breakdown work and drive to deadlines
- Operationally astute and data-orientated
- Familiar/sensitive to the challenges and needs of a growing business, especially those of a scaling start-up disrupting an industry.
- Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, motivated and passionate
- Highly resilient, and cheerful in the face of adversity.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.