Building the future of multiplayer
Gameplay Engineer - Partner Engineering
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As a Partner Gameplay Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge of software engineering and customer engagement to help our customers iterate faster, building larger, more complex and innovative games using SpatialOS.
To ensure the success of SpatialOS as a platform for game development, Improbable offers support to companies and developers in a partner fashion. Contributing to games in prototype and production, worked on by AAA studios - you'll be a master of SpatialOS and gain an understanding of a game's infrastructure on par with core developers of the game.
An ideal candidate is someone who has developed extensively with C++ or low-level programming and has a good working knowledge of networked game development, engine integration or Gameplay development. If you are already comfortable dealing with issues like authority, latency, network reliability, and client-side prediction then you can already think in the right space.
Areas for Impact:
- Using your extensive software engineering experience you’ll interface with customers to deliver bespoke solutions and successfully co-develop games using SpatialOS and our suite of tools.
- Work directly with our internal studios to drive development of our 1st party games using SpatialOS.
- Be a focal point for all in-depth technical problems across all external games studios, covering all areas of gameplay development, helping solve some of the hardest challenges within the industry.
- Working directly with our customers, you will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- You’ll build engine integration solutions and best practices to enable our partners to adopt our software successfully.
- You will become a master of SpatialOS engaging with multiple internal teams and a variety of customers, engines and technologies as we continue to grow.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for games and/or game development.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with external teams and stakeholders.
- Strong Software Engineering with flexibility in ambiguous environments
- Cloud computing
- Hunger to learn and improve.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.