Building the future of multiplayer
游戏客户端开发工程师(移动端方向) Game Development Engineer
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Improbable的英国工作室最初在该公司伦敦总部成立，但很快扩展到剑桥和现在的中国（上海）。我们在加拿大和美国有两个姐妹工作室，与我们一起解决问题和分享解决方案。这个工作室是由AAA工作室（Epic, Infinity Ward, Guerrilla, DICE, Rockstar, EA...）的资深员工创建的。我们已经从这些优秀的开发人员那里汲取了最佳实践，并致力于按照实践来开发产品，以便为实时服务游戏维护一个可持续的工作环境。我们正致力于开发多人在线动作游戏，利用SpatialOS的强大功能，与更多人一起享受游戏，创造出比以前更有趣的游戏体验。
About our team
Improbable's UK Studio initially started within the company's London Headquarters but quickly broadened to locations in Cambridge and now China (Shanghai). We have 2 sister studios in Canada and the USA which work together with us to solve problems and share solutions.The studio was started by and based upon veteran staff from AAA studios (Epic, Infinity Ward, Guerrilla, DICE, Rockstar, EA...). We've gathered best practices from these great developers and are committing to enforcing them in order to maintain a sustainable work environment for live service games.We are focusing on building online action games, using the power of SpatialOS to create more interesting gameplay with more people playing together than previously possible.
About our project
The project is an action game with an exciting, inspiring modern-day setting. In this project's "Multiplayer Mission Impossible" world, you can play a variety of different roles with unique skill sets. Build your team and your agency as you participate in multiplayer action, unique espionage social gameplay, and a deep progression metagame.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following outlined programming processes.
- Create high quality software within industry standard timelines.
- Complete gameplay features the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
- Develop multiple player online games using unreal engine on SpatialOS platform.
- Be responsible for design and implementation of the client function modules.
- Develop and maintain game tools for the game.
- Locate and fix difficult technical problems.
- Write coherent, well-structured and efficient code using C++ with a particular emphasis on performance
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…)
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development.
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog with guidance from the code leadership.
- Skills in one or more common programming languages, C, C++, C#.
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- 有虚幻引擎 UE4开发经验。
- 有手游，尤其是FPS或MMO 类手机游戏的开发经验（基于Android和iOS平台）。
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4Experience with mobile games, especially FPS or MMO game development (Android and iOS) (preferable).
- Experience with mobile game performance optimization.
- Proficient in English written (required) and spoken (preferable).
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.