Building the future of multiplayer
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Is to lead a team of Engineers within the Develop and Operate Team, where our mission is to reduce the cost and risk required to develop, launch and globally scale innovative multiplayer games. The first step on this journey is to build a platform that is the fastest and most efficient way to build these games; and that enables developers to focus on game play innovation.
As an Engineering Manager at Improbable, you will lead and grow one of the teams building this platform and help shape the vision for its success, through career development, mentoring, coaching, performance management, hiring and on-boarding.
For a comprehensive overview of the role and team, visit our briefing pack: http://bit.ly/Engineering_Manager_Briefing_Pack
Areas for Impact
- As a manager, you will support your team and contribute towards the launch of future hit games by building and running several of the services they will rely on.
- You will use your experience in leading Engineering teams to Develop and Support the engineering talent within your team and helping them grow
- You will be responsible for driving engineering initiatives by helping with resource planning and road mapping to priorities for customer impact
- Understanding the complexities involving software design and architecture to make good prioritisation decisions
- Participating in conversations around technical design and trade offs
- Participating to Improbable’s hiring process to ensure that we are attracting and hiring exceptional talent.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with any of the following
- Experience leading and growing teams of Software Engineers
- Experience working in a Production Engineering environment or leading teams building high-scale systems.
- Detailed understanding of large scale distributed systems
- A passion for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
- Experience working with internal and external customers
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.