Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Platform Software Engineer£70k – £110k
As an Senior infrastructure engineer in the Enterprise platform team at Improbable, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed simulations for Enterprise customers. Overall this team is responsible for providing a production environment where customer simulations can run reliably and at scale.
Amongst other duties you will be;
- Leading the development of flexible services & tooling so that SpatialOS can rapidly scale across multiple cloud providers
- Creating a set of services specific to our customers allowing SpatialOS to run in highly secure, air-gapped private clouds across the world
- Leveraging cutting-edge products including Kubernetes, Prometheus, the CoreOS stack, Docker and more.
- Working collaboratively with Product managers to deliver key security, scalability and reliability features
You will work with smart, motivated and curious people, driven by solving globally significant problems across the private and public sector; the kind of problems that keep senior leaders awake at night.
- Comfortable with multiple programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C++)
- Experience in designing, building and running large-scale distributed systems
- Good knowledge of internet networking and performance
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Strong knowledge of deploying and running services on IaaS providers (preferably AWS or GCP).
- Knowledge of best practices and tooling (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with clustering and containerization technologies e.g. Kubernetes, Docker etc.
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience building high-traffic, robust APIs
- Active on open source projects (bug reports, bug fixes, own projects)
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.