Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Account Manager, Virtual Training
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
We help our customers to harness the power of our technology to gain a richer understanding from virtual worlds. Our scalable, realistic simulations empower decision makers at every level within and across organisations to contribute to a more secure and prosperous world. Supporting customer projects, we constantly work on geo-political issues, engaging with prominent senior leaders and experts in support of these challenges.
The Customer Team is focused on the execution of our division’s international go-to-market (GTM) plan and the pipeline for revenue generation. It does this by putting our customers and their needs at the heart of the sales process, in both pre and post sales management. With this prioritisation and customer centricity, we seek to retain customers and in turn, build our pipeline. We seek to maximise our customers’ ability to derive value from our product because in turn, we will achieve sales, business growth and further future success.
Our international team operates as one in support of our rapidly growing global business. We’re made up of professionals in relationship management, business development and account management - always looking to challenge our commercial approach by striving for greater diversity of background, thought and experience.
Areas for Impact
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting key stakeholder relationships.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for relevant customer account management matters; working in lockstep with our Programme Management Office to help them to be successful in their roles, tackling any highlighted concerns head on and escalating where appropriate.
- By working with cross-functional teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Help to develop, forecast and track key metrics or milestones to measure customer account success (e.g. project continuation option submissions and senior level engagement).Collaborate with the broader customer team to identify and grow opportunities within the territory and unique points of leverage across accounts.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
You will ultimately be responsible for the success and growth of our synthetic training opportunities with the UK MOD. This is primarily relationship management based with the customer, whilst working closely with cross-functional internal leaders to deliver on this goal.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Significant account management experience showing a proven track record of delivering business growth whilst maintaining focus on customer priorities and satisfaction.
- Direct experience in working with or in the UK Public Sector, specifically MOD and central government, with some existing personal network.
- Experience in the technology or defence sector, with a detailed understanding of delivering military simulation products.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in closing software and services contracts.
- Ability to think strategically and solve complex business problems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Active security clearance preferred.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.