Building the future of multiplayer
Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They’ll create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multiplayer games and simulations.
At Improbable, you’re surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
The mission of Improbable Multiplayer Operations is to make launching games uneventful.
The Infrastructure team is a key part of this mission, by provisioning, running and scaling the clusters running services that allow games studios and Improbable to run and operate their games on time, securely, and at the correct scale.
You’ll join a team of engineers working closely together to enable game developers to do their best work. You’ll have the opportunity to build services that enable games studios to run and operate games at scale.
Areas for Impact
Our team is focused on enabling our colleagues and customers to run their games safely, scalably and effectively.
Over the next year, you’ll be helping us build out a suite of services that’ll allow our customers to run their games in production at scale safely with better observability and performance, leveraging the right combination of bare metal and cloud compute resources on Kubernetes.
- You’ll help speed up our customers ability to launch multiplayer games successfully
- You’ll help set and define the technical direction for the team and mentor and grow the engineers around you.
- You’ll help us build systems that are performant, secure, operable, and reliable at scale
- You’ll contribute towards shaping the roadmap and working collaboratively with the product management team to achieve the highest level of impact for our customers.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with any of the following
- Experience coding in Golang, Rust, C / C++, Java.
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or any other large scale cloud platforms.
- Experience developing, running and supporting containerised applications on Kubernetes.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing engineers working on agile teams in a distributed environment.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.