Building the future of multiplayer
Lead Product Marketing Manager, Defence
Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
is to underpin Improbable Defence’s success by planning, executing and iterating on the go-to-market strategy, and providing the essential “glue” between the Commercial and Product/Engineering teams to ensure our product is aligned with market expectations. You will play a significant role in establishing Synthetic Environments as the core capability for national resilience and government transformation.
Working in close collaboration with the wider Growth team, the Product Marketing group represents the voice of the customer and uses that to shape our “go-to-market positioning." We plan our positioning, execute on it, and iterate on it, working closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure we are building products and features that solve customer problems and allow us to capitalise on market opportunities.
Areas for Impact
- You will develop and lead our product market strategy; shaping the narrative that we share with customers, prospects, partners and influencers.
- You will develop our positioning and messaging for our inherently technical platform, working cross-functionally with a range of internal stakeholders.
- You will support our market making activities by delivering a clear value proposition and building a strong feedback loop with our sales, partner, product and engineering teams is critical.
- You’ll be working on everything from messaging, marketing campaigns and content through to supporting demonstrations and evangelising our product in person when needed.
- You will leverage the feedback and insights that you capture, directly impacting what our Product teams prioritise and our Engineering teams build.
- You’ll work closely with the Product team, keeping in regular contact with them and ensuring they’re looped in on all marketing and business development opportunities.
We'd love to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You are an experienced product marketer, comfortable translating highly technical concepts into effective marketing.
- You have taken innovative new products to market and have lead or built a product marketing function.
- You need to work on multiple cross-team projects at once, and be accountable for their results, so you’ll be a good communicator, good project manager and well organised.
- You have a deep understanding of the defence market and our customers, supported by strong analysis and market research skills.
- You have deep technical skills, able to execute on campaigns and product marketing tests, and can express your results with supporting data.
- You’re adaptable, you work hard and are not afraid to try something new.
Nb: While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable at a glance
Improbable focuses on Information Technology, Video Games, Defense, Software, and Gamification. Their company has offices in Seattle, Washington DC, London, and Edmonton. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Improbable has raised $520M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.