Impira offers an Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform that manages all of your unstructured data
Senior Software Engineer, Database Engine$125k – $200k • 0.04% – 0.2%
Impira is on a mission to make work-life simpler, more productive and more meaningful. That’s why we built Impira, an AI platform for business users, not just data scientists. Impira manages unstructured data, such as documents, videos, images, audio, and webpages, and by understanding the context and attributes, bridges this information into a structured format. This unleashes more creativity, improves workflows and data-driven decision making, and builds more efficient operations. Unlike many AI vendors, Impira empowers business users to build and train the models that give structured access to unstructured data to enable new levels of data transparency.
Our culture emphasizes transparency, empathy, accountability, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We believe that people do their best work with autonomy, trust, and support from their colleagues, and we encourage collaboration across and within departments and geographies. Our leaders empower their teams by providing transparent context, rolling up their sleeves, and coaching for long-term success.
We are building an AI-Powered Data Intelligence platform that processes millions of images, videos, and documents along with their associated data records. With a fast growing customer base, we are hiring for a Software Engineer, Database Engine to help optimize our existing systems as well as oversee the design, architecture, and implementation of new systems that will improve how customer data is incrementally processed, updated, stored, and indexed for high-performance querying. Successful candidates will leverage their deep expertise in systems design, storage engineering, database internals, and/or language design for new capabilities and features.
- Design solutions to address hard storage, indexing, ingestion, and querying problems, unique to image and video data processing
- Apply systems engineering fundamentals to optimize efficiency and increase processing throughput
- Scaling the engine to process petabyte streams of image and video data in real-time by utilizing lambda computing and compression techniques
- Increasing inference efficiency by identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of industry experience in a systems infrastructure or software engineering role
- Professional experience with distributed, compiler, database, operating, and/or cloud systems
- Professional experience with C++ or Golang
- Interest in a wide variety of technical projects, ranging from developing ML infrastructure to scaling our analytics engine
- Experience shipping infrastructure software in a production environment
- Experience working with AWS or GCP is a plus
- Attention to detail and care for writing high-quality, clean, and scalable code
- Bachelor's/Master’s/Graduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Including vision and dental.
With 401k programs
Company stock grants
For every employee.
Free lunch and dinner
With lots of snacks!
With $600 per year.
To unplug and recharge.