Impira offers an Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform that manages all of your unstructured data
Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure$120k – $200k • 0.02% – 0.2%
**Impira is now open to full-time remote employees based in North America.*
Impira is on a mission to make work-life simpler, more productive and more meaningful. That’s why we built Impira, an AI platform for business users, not just data scientists. Impira manages unstructured data, such as documents, videos, images, audio, and webpages, and by understanding the context and attributes, bridges this information into a structured format. This unleashes more creativity, improves workflows and data-driven decision making, and builds more efficient operations. Unlike many AI vendors, Impira empowers business users to build and train the models that give structured access to unstructured data to enable new levels of data transparency.
Our culture emphasizes transparency, empathy, accountability, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We believe that people do their best work with autonomy, trust, and support from their colleagues, and we encourage collaboration across and within departments and geographies. Our leaders empower their teams by providing transparent context, rolling up their sleeves, and coaching for long-term success.
You will have a leading role in scaling Impira’s infrastructure to handle the next order of magnitude of customers, associated data, and user activity. As a company we must deliver a robust and reliable service, while still maintaining flexibility to trial and develop new technology and product ideas.
Our infrastructure faces a few interesting challenges: our asset processing infrastructure includes running complex computer vision models, and must be able to expand capability during times of heavy load when lots of new assets are queued to be processed. Secondly, one of our primary differentiators is offering fast and powerful search and API accessibility over our data through Elasticsearch and Postgres, which requires thoughtful design in the scalability and reliability of these implementations. You will help us design and develop our internally built systems, as well as navigate our use of cloud infrastructure to power these pieces of infrastructure.
- Scaling our infrastructure and facilitating robust development, high performance, and distributed systems while minimizing complexity
- Bootstrapping our company cloud infrastructure culture and best practices
- Own and scale our AWS infrastructure with a growing engineering team and global user base
- Collaborating with other engineers and leadership to design cloud infrastructure and development practices
- Enable robust handling of integrations with third party services, as well processing of heavy modern machine learning workloads on image and video data
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we’re looking for
- Industry experience in cloud deployment and development with at least one of the following cloud technologies: AWS, GCP, or Azure (knowing their power and their pain points).
- Experience with immutable infrastructure and automated infrastructure tools (such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems
- Familiarity with containerization and/or orchestration technologies is a plus
- An advocate for reliability, security, customer trust, and engineering productivity enabled by cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
Including vision and dental.
With 401k programs
Company stock grants
For every employee.
Free lunch and dinner
With lots of snacks!
With $600 per year.
To unplug and recharge.