Grocery items that help reduce food waste—delivered up to 30% less than the grocery store
Senior IT Helpdesk Engineer
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is looking for a Senior IT Helpdesk Engineer to provide proactive support for information systems, software applications, and network infrastructure. The candidate will be supporting the helpdesk to prevent and resolve end-user issues across HQ, multiple fulfillment centers, delivery operations and offices. This position will provide senior technical expertise to solve immediate issues as well as develop and mentor junior team members in support techniques, process implementation and project management. This role will be responsible for working closely with the Information Technology Manager to review, and improve our current IT practices and making suggestions on how to create more efficiency within the department.
This is an exciting time to join us and to support the growing IT team at Imperfect. This position will report to the Information Technology Manager. If you are a strategic thinker who can also get their hands dirty, and is passionate about fighting food waste, we'd love to hear from you!
- Work with IT Manager on developing policies, reviewing current procedures, and self-help strategies to make recommendations on changes that will create IT efficiency
- Lead multi-location computer systems, Windows servers, and network infrastructure
- Project manage the implementation of IT systems in new facilities including warehouses and office spaces with a focus on redundancy
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems with experience on both policy creation and execution
- Partner with technology vendors and business partners to ensure hardware and software solutions are configured to best practices
- Partner with the IT manager to implement strategic redundancy policies to improve uptime and overall performance at the warehouse.
- Own the knowledge base in emerging technologies to be able to evaluate and recommend business solutions
- Establish and maintain documentation and knowledge sharing to enable cross-training within the IT team and the wider organization
- Evaluate and assist with vendor relations in the purchase of new hardware and related software to improve our overall cost-efficiency
- Recommend and deliver solutions which streamline processes, implement automation when possible, and improve ease of use
- Lead and manage assigned projects with effective delegation for project completion
- Takes a hands on approach to managing the daily workload of the Help Desk, ensuring all issues are being properly handled, prioritized, and progressed, customers are kept advised, and communications and customer service are of the highest standard.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years supporting a helpdesk and IT infrastructure; 2 years as providing senior support
- Mastery of Mac OS and Windows operating systems
- Seasoned in Mobile Device Management within a medium to enterprise scale
- Advanced Proficiency in Windows Server 2016 / 2019 with Hyper-V
- Advanced Experience with firewall, routing, and switching equipment in a Cisco ecosytem
- Advanced Experience with implementation and fine-tuning of managed Wireless solutions
- Mastery of SaaS such as GSuite, O365, Slack, Zoom, Asana
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- Confidence managing external partners and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to solve sophisticated business problems with technology
- Background working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You have a high degree of technical capability in IT software, hardware and networking and are always willing to share your knowledge
- You’re willing and able to provide technical mentorship to more junior IT team members
- You have excellent customer support skills
- You’re an effective time manager
- You’re self-motivated and self-sufficient, able to work autonomously
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Information Technology Manager
- Position based out of our Chicago, Illinois office ( Our team is working from home currently but will return to the office as soon as we're safely able to)
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Opportunity to work from home regularly
- Domestic travel to new and existing facilities required as needed
- Ability to be on call 24/7 one week out of the month, based on rotation
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Occasional movement around the office may be vital
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Domestic travel as necessary
- Ability to relocate large screens and conference room equipment
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Medical, Dental, & Vision
8 weeks fully paid
Work from home policy
2 - 3 work from home days per week
Imperfect Foods at a glance
Imperfect Foods focuses on E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Groceries, Content Delivery, and Fruit. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Imperfect Foods has raised $47.061M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.