We immerse distributed teams into the same VR workplace to maximize productivity
Lead Technical 3D Artist$50k – $100k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Who We Are:
We're a lean and fast-moving Techstars startup (Chicago '17) founded by a team of strong engineers, with a vision to empower everyone to maximize their productivity using Virtual Reality. Our goal is to immerse distributed teams into a VR workplace to work with their team from anywhere. This is by no means an easy problem to solve, but with the world's best team, we're excited to revolutionize the future of work!
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a self-motivated technical 3D artist to partner with us in helping make the experience of working together in Virtual Reality better. As an emerging medium, Virtual Reality requires new ways of designing around a user’s experience, creating beautiful 3D environments that can be experienced at a fast frame-rate (requiring clever optimization techniques). We’re looking for someone who can take user feedback about design and engage with our users to deliver high-quality experiences that keep people engaged and productive.
We're looking for someone who:
• can create imaginative and visually striking 3D worlds from scratch
• has a great eye for innovative & effective 3D design
• has a collaborative mindset, recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
• is extremely proactive, resourceful, and constantly learning
• is hungry to produce excellent work, and has a love for the craft of design
• can create environments that are both beautiful as well as performant
• is willing to wear many hats as different needs arise
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, not a cold office.
• Skilled with 3D modeling tools and workflow (Blender, Maya, etc.) to create objects and environments at different levels of fidelity
• Ability to create art content that is performant and able to hit target frame rates based on the target platform
• Strong expertise in lighting/texturing/physically-based rendering in Unity + Enlighten
• Identifying inefficiencies within the current asset pipeline and recommending and implementing improvements
• Effectively communicate and support your designs and decisions
• Work under pressure and deliver results with multiple stakeholders
• Experience in: user research, mockups, visual design, and prototyping at all fidelities
• Good written and communication skills (English)
• Entrepreneurial mindset or small startup experience
• Proficiency in C#/Unity
• Experience with using Source Control (git)
• Experience using shaders for custom purposes
• Experience designing/creating for VR apps
• A link to your portfolio/work
NOTE: We do not work with freelancers, external recruiters, agencies, or development shops.
Meet your team
Immersed [Techstars '17] at a glance
Immersed [Techstars '17] focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Software, Computer Vision, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in New York City, Austin, Chicago, Seattle, and San Diego. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.