Transforming how professionals work
Senior Software Engineer (Scala)£50k – £65k
You’ll be at the heart of the development within the engineering team and will be working on solving challenging and difficult problems, while having fun!
As a developer on our team you’ll be working on writing performance critical code which sets the foundation of the application, as well as infrastructure and related tools. We use many technologies in our in stack for our RAVN solution, including Scala/ Java 8 (AKKA, Spark, Lucene), SBT, TDD REST Services and tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins, YouTrack and Docker.
• Learning about RAVN’s products, the technology within them and taking a lead on bug fixing and development of new features
• Working with the RAVN development team to coordinate and prioritise work
• Working with product managers to spec out new features
• Adhering to good development practices and promoting these within the company
• Striving to consistently learn and improve within the company and sharing knowledge with colleagues globally.
• Experience in Scala, Java, Akka, Design Patterns, Test-driven development
• Scala/Java frameworks for inversion of control (IOC), object-relational mapping (ORM), model-view-controller (MVC)
• Concurrent and distributed system design
• Designing and implementing REST APIs
• Development tools such as Git, SBT
• A good graduate degree (or equivalent) and the right to live and work in the UK.
• Ability to be a leader and mentor junior developers.
• Willingness to learn and self-improve
• Willingness to be part of the team
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are problem solvers, hands-on doer’s and love collaborating and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. This position is based in our RAVN office in the ‘Silicon Roundabout’ area in Shoreditch, East London, close to Old Street Tube Station.
iManage combines artificial intelligence with content and email management to free, secure, and understand information. Over 3000 companies and 1 million users worldwide rely on our market-leading software to share and protect their most valuable data. Our work is not always easy but it is ambitious and rewarding.
So we’re looking for people who love a challenge. People who are happiest when they’re solving problems and collaborating with the industry’s best and brightest. In exchange, we’ll make sure the work you do here is worth doing. That’s the iManage way. It’s how we do things that might appear impossible. How we develop our employees’ strengths and unlock their potential. It’s how we find meaning in everything we do.
Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you work. Make it mean something at iManage.
Health/Vision/Dental/Life insurance for you and your family in addition to Mental Well-being Support from BUPA and access to 24/7 online GP service
401k Matching / Employer Pension Contribution
Generous vacation package plus unlimited sick days
Food / drinks
Fully stocked kitchen - Free snacks, fruit, breakfast on M/F, drinks + beer/wine
iManage has a running/biking club and participates in annual Triathlons. Also, a wide range of online health/wellness resources available
Career development framework
Be part of a great learning environment, where you have a chance to develop the skills that you want to. Own your learning and growth within our career development support framework plus, access a huge range online learning library
We offer competitive salaries based on market data. Our benefits include Health/Vision/Dental/Life insurance, 401k matching, performance bonuses, flexible working environment, and generous PTO.
Opportunity to learn new skills
We're working with the latest tech, and you have the opportunity to work with the best and brightest. We offer training & development, lunch and learns, and constantly invest in our people. We also support certifications and networking.
We have a collaborative open floor plan, casual dress code, company outings and team activities, happy hours, and offer commuter benefits!
Game room + Ping Pong table + video games
iManage at a glance
iManage focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Security, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London, Toronto, and Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees.