Hospitality platform tackling the $100B event staffing industry
Sr. Full-stack Developer$80k – $120k • 0.0% – 0.3%
Hyre is a platform that directly connects event organizers with event staff. We are tackling a $100 billion problem in the event staffing space by creating a platform that allows hospitality professionals to take control of their staffing. We currently work with high-end clients such as the Hilton, Delta, Westin, Marriott, Ritz Carleton across Toronto and Ottawa.
We are an ambitious early-stage startup, looking for a motivated and experienced Full-Stack Developer. Join our growing team in our office in downtown Toronto, Canada to work with talented people, iterate quickly, and help us expand to new markets.
Our tech stack, ideally you should be familiar with at least 3 out of 5:
• Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq.
• Elixir, Phoenix, GraphQL.
• PostgreSQL, Redis.
• Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS.
You will be able to participate in:
• Building new scalable services and APIs from scratch.
• Creating complex rich single-page applications.
• Developing and maintaining our monolithic Rails application.
• Building a mobile app for iOS and Android.
• Improving our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD process.
• Participating in code reviews and increasing our test coverage.
• Helping with hiring and onboarding new developers.
You are effective in the following areas:
• Being pragmatic, moving fast, continually learning, having an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Owning the complete system: identifying a problem, building, and validating a solution.
• Operating as a Full Cycle Developer: architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, support.
• Using best practices for development and testing: code review, writing tests, etc.
• Being a team player with excellent communication skills.