Technical Product Manager - Payments$100k – $130k • 0.01% – 0.1%
We are a fast growing company in the B2B fintech API space. We are seeking a Payments focused Technical Product Manager for our platform - a set of APIs, integration middleware, and no-code components that help developers build payments related products including traditional payment mechanisms (ACH, RTP, credit) and defi (fiat-crypto) payments rails.
The prototypical candidate will be someone who has been a Co-Founder or Product/Technical Lead of a Payments related fintech company and built a product front to back. Other relevant experience includes product ownership at a payments network such as Mastercard or Visa with deep payment rails knowledge. We are very developer focused, with one of the largest and most robust developer centers in all of fintech. In addition to building our own products, you will help our developer customers successfuly build on our platform.
• Own the payments vertical on Hydrogen from product ideation to ongoing maintenance
- ACH, RTP, Wire integrations
- International payments integrations
- Defi crypto payment rails
- White label apps and UI components
• Manage scrum teams and product development for our payments data model, business logic, UI (no-code and web components) and integrations
• Become a product expert on the Hydrogen platform
• Speak with current and prospective clients about their product needs
• Interface with external vendors and internal partnership and technical teams
• Perform competitive analysis on fintech applications
• Research third-party APIs across payments, ACH, RTP, defi
• Write product requirements for new features
• Write technical solution guides and documentation for data products
• B.S. or M.S. in Economics, Business, CS, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Very strong background in payments (consumer and B2B) and cards (prepaid, debit, credit, in the US and globally)
• 5+ years experience in a product focused role at a fintech company
• Ability to perform product functions such as requirements gathering, product research, wireframes, competitive analysis, user research
• Ability to work with business analysts, scrum leaders, engineers, data scientists, and the Head of Product to build products
• Experience with Atlassian suite of products, such as JIRA
Please send your resume with a short note explaining "What payments startup (not Hydrogen) has the most potential to transform the world and why?" Bonus points if you link a payments
Meet your team
Fully paid benefits
Everyone has equity!
Work remotely or from the nyc hq
Education and training stipends
Off-sites and retreats
Hydrogen at a glance
Hydrogen focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Payments, Developer APIs, and Banking. Their company has offices in New York City, Miami, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.