Drives behavioral change with the power of people science, machine learning—and love
Full-Stack Engineer$90k – $150k
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues—and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine™ deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of Humu’s Product team, you will “ship” (figuratively & literally) quality product iterations to end-users
- Collaborate with People Science and other Humu teams to translate research-backed science to products that drive behavior change within organizations
- Lead, shape, and build new features and functionality
- 4–99 years of experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend
- Driven engineer that is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make thoughtful decisions while building data-driven products
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences to serve employees
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Understanding of frontend technologies and tooling––we use React (and TypeScript, HTML, CSS) for most of our UIs
- Understanding of backend technologies and tooling––we use Python, Flask, and Google Cloud Platform
Humu at a glance
Humu focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Startups, Application Platforms, and Human Resources. Their company has offices in Mountain View. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Humu has raised $40.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.