Ex-IDEO visionaries designing human focused hardware products
Content & Community ManagerNo equity
About Human Things
We build innovative hardware products across various categories from gaming to cleaning. At the heart of it, we're excited by solving human focused problems that big companies often ignore or lose sight of when they're developing their product roadmap.
We're a team of engineers, multi-disciplinary designers and business gurus. Our goal is to build cult brands for each of our product categories and to always ensure that we never loose touch with our customer base.
Our flapship brand, Genki, is focused on gaming hardware and has raised over $3M across 2 products alone. Genki is the brand behind the Genki Bluetooth Audio Adapter and Genki Covert Dock. Both products were massively successful on KickStarter, Indiegogo, Makuake, Wadiz, Zeczec & other crowdfunding platforms across US & APAC.
Position In A Nutshell
We need a go-getter, enthusiastic and passionate gamer to join our team on a part-time basis (with full-time potential) to manage our content and community.
As a community manager, you will have a deep understanding of the customer life cycle. You're passionate about people and you demonstrate kindness, empathy and patience in all interactions.
As a content manager, you will have unparelled knowledge of the in's and out's relating to gaming. You're a geek about new releases and sharing tips/tricks/tech amongst the community.
This is a contract position that requires 15-20 hours per week with full time potential after 2 months. You will be working hand-in-hand with our growth manager in coming up with content calendars and building processes to best handle our growing community. Since we're a small stage start-up, your role is highly flexible in nature.
*What You'll Be Responsible For *
- Managing our community across Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Email, Crowdfunding Platforms
- Find solutions that benefit both the customer and the company
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving for complaints
- Identify market opportunities, process improvements, and facilitate market feedback
- Growing our social media community (mainly Facebook, Instagram) by posting regular content
- Ideation and publishing of relevant, original and high-quality content to develop brand awareness and online reputation
- Formulate and manage cross-platform content strategies for launches and campaigns
- Strategic planning and management of content on social media platforms as well as online shop
- Writing skills, a plus! (Writing, editing, and proofreading)
What We're Looking For
- 0-1+ years of customer experience, ideally within e-commerce
- 0-1+ years of content management experience, ideally with marketing and branding teams
- Desire to be an early employee - you want to build something from scratch and don't need hand-holding
- Actively involved in the Reddit/Twitter/Discord communities
- Owns a Nintendo Switch and up-to-date on console gaming space
- Self-starter mindset
- You love learning new software and adapt quickly to it
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency and good attitude
- Enthusiasm for the brand and a focus on excellence
Human Things at a glance
Human Things focuses on Consumer Electronics and Product Design. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.genkithings.com/