Solutions to help you grow, by increasing leads, accelerating sales, and organizing your contacts
Senior Software Engineer, Web Crawling Platform
We are growing the Web Crawling Platform team and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can help us build a world class web crawling infrastructure. The goal of the team is to build a web data platform that crawls and stores a large portion of the internet and extracts data and intelligent insights from discovered web pages. The challenges you'll face on the web crawling platform team include:
- Scaling the crawling platform to support to millions of daily domain and single page crawls
- Designing elegant yet practical APIs that can support dozens of use cases that need data from web crawls
- Building and expanding on the distributed storage systems to efficiently persist and retrieve terabytes of information extracted from crawled web data
- Further expand our data parsing capabilities to extract more useful information and insights from web data in collaboration with our Machine Learning team
We are looking for people who:
- Can help us realize the vision of making our web crawling more powerful, reliable and highly performant for HubSpot application developers that use it to power dozens of use cases and counting.
- Are willing and able to work with the user base, in this case, other developers, to define and build tools that make the lives of application developers easier and their tools more reliable.
- Are interested in working with and supporting infrastructure at scale.
- Able to approach complicated technical problems and analyze tradeoffs with empathy for the developers, yet building creative solutions.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
Bonus points for:
- Being someone with experience on web crawling at scale.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
In addition to our ParentSpot group, we offer 16 weeks paid leave to primary caregivers and 6 weeks to secondary caregivers, as well as egg-freezing benefits to help give women more support.
You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore. Employees can work fully remote from select countries, and work from home (or a coffee shop) when they need to.
At HubSpot, you decide when and for how long to take time off. Vacation can be used however you want; for tropical trips or flexible day-to-days. We also have Vacation Quota Relief (VQR) to make sure it’s truly unlimited for all.
How can we help managers build and grow great teams? HubSpot’s leadership development team provides trainings, ThinkSpaces, recognition programs, and resources for new and tenured managers alike.
After five years with HubSpot, you get a four-week paid sabbatical, with the equivalent of $5K US bonus. Some employees take vacations with their families, while others learn how to play the guitar, or enjoy month-long honeymoons.
Employee stock purchase
Employees can buy HubSpot stock at a discount from the share price at purchase. By contributing between 1%-15% of their base pay for a set period of time, the funds are used to buy HubSpot stock at a 15% discount.
HubSpotters get the equivalent of $5k US/year to spend on education. They’ve taken semester-long classes, weekend workshops, and online courses on everything from finance to design.
When you work with amazing people, it’s not hard to have a good time. From scavenger hunts and Mystery Dinners, to charity outings and museum visits, there’s no shortage of fun stuff to get involved in at HubSpot.
HubSpot at a glance
HubSpot focuses on Social Media, SaaS, Information Technology, Sales and Marketing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Singapore, Paris, Berlin, Sydney, and Tokyo. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, HubSpot has raised $100.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.