Solutions to help you grow, by increasing leads, accelerating sales, and organizing your contacts
At HubSpot, we use data to power our decisions, systems and product solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
- Work as the lead data strategist, building models to improve internal efficiency and customer experience
- Work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Advanced use of SQL, R, Python
- Experience with machine learning models
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Master’s degree in stats, applied math, or related discipline
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Professional certifications
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot is a leading growth platform on a mission to help millions of organizations grow better. We build the software and systems that empower businesses to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through our core values of flexibility, autonomy, transparency, and belonging. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
*Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe remotely and in our offices. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot. *
In addition to our ParentSpot group, we offer 16 weeks paid leave to primary caregivers and 6 weeks to secondary caregivers, as well as egg-freezing benefits to help give women more support.
You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore. Employees can work fully remote from select countries, and work from home (or a coffee shop) when they need to.
At HubSpot, you decide when and for how long to take time off. Vacation can be used however you want; for tropical trips or flexible day-to-days. We also have Vacation Quota Relief (VQR) to make sure it’s truly unlimited for all.
How can we help managers build and grow great teams? HubSpot’s leadership development team provides trainings, ThinkSpaces, recognition programs, and resources for new and tenured managers alike.
After five years with HubSpot, you get a four-week paid sabbatical, with the equivalent of $5K US bonus. Some employees take vacations with their families, while others learn how to play the guitar, or enjoy month-long honeymoons.
Employee stock purchase
Employees can buy HubSpot stock at a discount from the share price at purchase. By contributing between 1%-15% of their base pay for a set period of time, the funds are used to buy HubSpot stock at a 15% discount.
HubSpotters get the equivalent of $5k US/year to spend on education. They’ve taken semester-long classes, weekend workshops, and online courses on everything from finance to design.
When you work with amazing people, it’s not hard to have a good time. From scavenger hunts and Mystery Dinners, to charity outings and museum visits, there’s no shortage of fun stuff to get involved in at HubSpot.
HubSpot at a glance
HubSpot focuses on Social Media, SaaS, Information Technology, Sales and Marketing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Singapore, Paris, Berlin, Sydney, and Tokyo. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, HubSpot has raised $100.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.