Solutions to help you grow, by increasing leads, accelerating sales, and organizing your contacts
Senior Software Engineer, SRE
About the team
The HubSpot Product team is made up of over 700 engineers, designers, product managers, and researchers. We’re passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, and serve their customers — and ultimately, grow better.
Those tools end up in the HubSpot application platform, which itself is made up of thousands of services, workers, and jobs spanning over 170 teams and thousands of repos. Our teams work autonomously to deploy these systems across a common infrastructure, up to 3,000 times a day. As we’ve grown to serve over 75,000 customers in 100 countries, reliability and stability have become just as important as speed and time to market. And as we’ve opened up our APIs, our product has moved to the core of many of our customers’ and partners’ businesses.
In 2019, we built an SRE team to help our product teams focus on delivering highly available and dependable products. This team is off to a great start: evangelizing, building tools, and embedding onto product teams. We are looking to grow this team by hiring engineers with an interest in reliability and scale. This is an opportunity to work on hard problems across a variety of domains with an experienced team of software engineers.
What you’ll do
- Help product and infrastructure teams hold retroactive root cause analysis meetings, focusing on identifying remediations using a blameless process similar to the 5 whys methodology
- Embed on product and infrastructure teams directly to build more reliable, scalable software
- Conceive, design, and build infrastructure tooling that improves reliability across the entire product surface area, dealing with massive distributed scale
- Evangelize best practices around reliability engineering
- Proactively identify risks and advocate for engineering process, tooling, or work streams that reduce that risk in a customer centric way
What we’re looking for
- Experience with SRE culture, improving reliability with automation, chaos testing, and process improvement
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems and cloud infrastructure at scale
- Experience working collaboratively with other engineering teams
- Interest or experience implementing and iterating on process to improve outcomes with minimal disruption to team culture
- Interest or experience working across multiple stakeholders to drive effective change
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
In addition to our ParentSpot group, we offer 16 weeks paid leave to primary caregivers and 6 weeks to secondary caregivers, as well as egg-freezing benefits to help give women more support.
You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore. Employees can work fully remote from select countries, and work from home (or a coffee shop) when they need to.
At HubSpot, you decide when and for how long to take time off. Vacation can be used however you want; for tropical trips or flexible day-to-days. We also have Vacation Quota Relief (VQR) to make sure it’s truly unlimited for all.
How can we help managers build and grow great teams? HubSpot’s leadership development team provides trainings, ThinkSpaces, recognition programs, and resources for new and tenured managers alike.
After five years with HubSpot, you get a four-week paid sabbatical, with the equivalent of $5K US bonus. Some employees take vacations with their families, while others learn how to play the guitar, or enjoy month-long honeymoons.
Employee stock purchase
Employees can buy HubSpot stock at a discount from the share price at purchase. By contributing between 1%-15% of their base pay for a set period of time, the funds are used to buy HubSpot stock at a 15% discount.
HubSpotters get the equivalent of $5k US/year to spend on education. They’ve taken semester-long classes, weekend workshops, and online courses on everything from finance to design.
When you work with amazing people, it’s not hard to have a good time. From scavenger hunts and Mystery Dinners, to charity outings and museum visits, there’s no shortage of fun stuff to get involved in at HubSpot.
HubSpot at a glance
HubSpot focuses on Social Media, SaaS, Information Technology, Sales and Marketing, and Analytics. Their company has offices in Singapore, Paris, Berlin, Sydney, and Tokyo. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, HubSpot has raised $100.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014.