Hq is the live game show app where you can win real cash prizes for free
Director of Engineering$130k – $180k
Intermedia Labs Inc. is the parent company behind HQ Trivia, Sports, Words, Tunes and After Dark. We are looking to add passionate and hard-working players to our dynamic team based in SoHo. We're focused on growing our network of live, interactive games played by millions of people around the world.
Intermedia Labs is looking for an experienced Director of Backend Engineering to help us build the infrastructure for a mobile-gaming application that supports hundreds of thousands of users across the world. You have lots of patience and enjoy using sparse data to troubleshoot what's happening within our system. With your in-depth knowledge of systems at scale, you'll be creating technology at the forefront of the entertainment space.
This role is based in our headquarters in SoHo, Manhattan and will report directly to our Vice President of Engineering, Benjamin Sheats.
THE ROLE 👩💻
- Lead the design, implementation, and deployment of new features from start to finish
- Design services that will receive hundreds of thousands of requests per second
- Re-architect existing services and suggest ways to improve our production software design
- Provide design guidance and review for other members of the team
- Be an advocate for process improvements and promote best practices including unit and load testing
- Adopt new technologies as necessary to work in our existing environment. We currently use Node.js, Redis, MySQL, and Kubernetes among other technologies.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as necessary
THE SKILLS 🤓
- 6+ years of professional experience developing high traffic backend systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent additional experience.
- Extensive experience both implementing and supporting high scale production backends.
- Production experience with Node.js preferred.
- Familiarity with GCP, Kubernetes, or Terraform, or live video streaming a major plus.
THE PERKS 🍻
- Competitive compensation packages including a stake in the company.
- Generous PTO, paid holidays and a flexible work schedule.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, FSA and disability.
- 401k from Slavic.
- Daily catered lunches and breakfast three times a week, including bagel Fridays.
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks including a Bevi machine, nitro cold brew and kombucha on tap.
- A stylish office with ample sunlight in SoHo.
- Furry co-workers (read: pet-friendly office).
- Annual Citibike membership through Justworks.
- Regular team events, outings and happy hours.
- Bragging rights for beta-testing new games and industry recognition, like our 2019 Emmy-nomination.
- An incredibly smart and motivated team of doers and innovators.
Intermedia Labs Inc. operates in a niche space so we invite candidates to bring their A-game. Paragraphs explaining your interest in working at Intermedia Labs as well as playing HQ before your interview is encouraged.
We are an inclusive workplace and encourage those from diverse backgrounds to apply.