AI-Powered Knowledge Platform
Frontend Web Developer₹8L – ₹12L
HowNow is a cloud-based knowledge sharing platform that helps capture and curate knowledge from experts and peers, and deliver it at the point of need in the digital workplace. With the average shelf life of skills being a mere 5 years, it is paramount that organisations continuously invest in upskilling and training their employees. Formal learning systems i.e. offsite seminars, retreats, LMSes, are not up to the task because they are expensive, not engaging, unidirectional and not designed for the digital workplace. We are disrupting this $9bn market with a new product category that brings together content curation, contextual delivery and social knowledge sharing.
The HowNow HQ is based in London and we are in the process of building a new team for our recently opened Mumbai office. We’re looking for a tech extraordinaire with a passion for building products, a history of delivering results and hunger for making a meaningful impact through the work they do. This is an opportunity for the right person to join a well-funded global technology startup and grow with the company. The first people who come into the Mumbai office will have the opportunity to set up the structures and processes, shape the team, and become future leaders of tech at HowNow.
* Translate UI designs and wireframes into high quality code ensuring cross browser compatibility, responsiveness and performance
* Assess feasibility and viability of suggested UI/UX designs
* Work closely with backend developers on product integration and APIs
* Develop new user-facing features
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
* Experience in building single page applications using Angular/React
* Proficient in use of code versioning tools such as Git
* Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
* Demonstrate a portfolio that shows experience in a variety of projects
* Demonstrate proficiency and work experience with responsive design
* Ability to work in an agile environment with rapid iterations
* Basic use of Photoshop/Gimp for image editing and compressions
* Passionate and eager to learn new technologies
* Experience with Ruby on Rails would be a big advantage
* Experience with CSS3 and CSS pre-processors such as LESS or SASS
* Knowledge of SEO optimization
* Experience with other languages such as PHP, C++, NodeJS, Java.
* Experience working with RESTful APIs
What’s on offer
* A highly competitive salary (8-12L CTC) based on experience
* The chance to work on complex and important problems with friendly and curious people in a collaborative environment
* Work directly with the founders who have built a startup that has been awarded Business of the Year, named Top 50 Startup in the UK and have been recognised by Virgin Media Business as one of the most innovative founders in the UK
* A rare opportunity to develop skills in building both consumer tech interfaces as well core infrastructure back-ends
* Being part of a fast-paced and mission-driven startup made up of a creative, friendly and international team
* Plenty of responsibility, autonomy and encouragement to shape your own tasks and contribute original ideas
* A supportive environment with an intense focus on learning and improvement
* The satisfaction of building something that matters.
* Generous perks and holidays
HowNow at a glance
HowNow focuses on SaaS, Knowledge Management, Corporate Training, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://gethownow.com