High-quality alternate commentary for live sports
Software Engineer: Video Streaming$100k – $120k • 1.0% – 3.0%
This position will work directly with the CTO on building out the services and applications needed to make the Hotmic platform a reality. Here are a few examples of how this role will can make an impact:
- Develop high quality video playback, providing an exceptional user experience.
- Integrate and evaluate 3rd party video player SDKs.
- Integrate and evaluate 3rd party audio recognition SDKs.
- Implement rich video playback features on Android and iOS such as low latency, content synchronization, audio mixing, fast switching, and more.
- Tune playback performance to provide a great user experience across device and network capabilities.
You want to make your mark on a great new social video product right from the beginning. You’re comfortable working across the stack as needed from mobile and web UI to backend media processing.
- You have experience with web streaming technologies such as HLS, DASH, MP4, RTMP, HTML5 players, and/or WebRTC.
- You’re comfortable integrating video capture and playback SDKs into mobile and web applications.
- You know your way around ffmpeg.
- You have experience with Android and iOS media frameworks.
- You have experience with server-side languages such as Python, Node.js, and/or Java.
Hotmic.io at a glance
Hotmic.io focuses on Social Media, Sports, Video Streaming, and Entertainment Industry. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hot-mic-inc/