Helping vacation rental companies and their guests make the most of every stay
Senior Engineer, Back-End Development$80k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.25%
We are looking to hire a Senior Engineer to join our fast-growing team. Please only apply if you have extensive experience in Java.
We're looking for someone with great coding skills, an aptitude for understanding our powerful technology platform, and a passion for helping property managers do their job better.
Last year Hostfully won the prestigious VRMB award for Best All Around Property Management Software for short term and vacation rentals. Hostfully’s Guidebooks are also known as the industry’s best-in-class solution for the guest experience. We are disrupting the vacation rental industry with new technology that transforms the lives of our customers.
Our customers are short term rental and vacation rental managers who manage between 10-2,000 properties. They rely on Hostfully’s platform to run their business, including:
- Instant distribution across leading bookings platforms Airbnb and Vrbo
- Streamline and automate operations
- Automate and ease communications with travelers and owners
We are looking for well rounded, creative, and polished hustlers to onboard customers. This is an opportunity to take ownership of a key role in a growing company. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives on challenges and is looking for an opportunity to take their experience to the next level.
You'd be responsible for managing the weekly sprint, working closely with CTO and Developers to ensure on-time and high-quality output. You would also spend part of your time working on building key features for our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS company and help shape and scale the Engineering organization. You will also have a say in the strategy and growth of the company from day one.
- Managing weekly sprint, working closely with CTO, Product, and Developers to ensure on-time and high-quality output
- Code reviews with team members
- Buiding key features for customers
- Work with internal team members to influence Product, Sales, and Support
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to provide input on the growth of the business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in B2B/Enterprise software
- Strong expertise and experience in Java
- Record of meeting or exceeding on key goals
- Experience working with a Product team to influence roadmap and communicate customer issues
- Passion, drive and the desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients
- Exceptional in-person, verbal and written communication skills a must (comfortable presenting alone in front of large groups)
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial work environment where self-motivated individuals succeed
- Established relationships with Senior and C-level executives
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or related field
- Bonus if you’re “young, scrappy and hungry and not throwing away your shot!*
*We’re saying “young” only in a metaphorical way, we do not not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.