A New Dimension of Gaming that belongs to its Players and Creators
UI/UX Product Designer (SkyWeaver Game)$80k – $110k • 0.1% – 0.4%
At Horizon, we’re on a mission to make the next generation of Internet economies fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants. We’re making SkyWeaver, a digital trading card game—powered by blockchain—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items. We’re also building a new platform, which consists of a blockchain development stack and smart wallet, so that other games and products can integrate blockchain with only four lines of code. Our platform makes it easy for developers and companies to access and build the next generation of Internet economies and experiences. Learn more at https://horizon.io
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for a UI/UX Product Designer to make our game more user-friendly, intuitive, and engaging. You'll champion our users, understand their needs and design flows and interfaces to enhance their gaming experience.
We’re looking for someone flexible in their ideas with the right level of taste. Through your design sense and competency in tools, you make things easier, more effective, and more enjoyable for our users.
In the end, we’re looking for a problem solver who thinks holistically about our UI, can understand our users, and come out the other end with meaningful changes--changes that both serve the user and drive business outcomes.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user flows, user journeys, and interactive mockups
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Work closely with the Data & Insights Team to inform product decisions with quantitative insights
- Participate in strategic discovery meetings and decisions about design
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Conduct user research and usability tests when necessary, under the guidance of our dedicated Data & Insights Team
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Help identify and fully understand our users
Skills & experience
- Have experience with UX processes including user research, usability testing, IA, design etc.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Portfolio of design projects explaining your thought process
- Knowledge of standard UX design tools like Sketch, InVision, Figma, Photoshop
- Growth mindset. A love of learning for gamers, design and how to improve our process
What Horizon can offer you
A uniquely talented and diverse team with a loving culture committed to making the next generation of Internet economies fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants. You’ll have the opportunity to evolve with us, learn a ton, achieve something incredible, and have fun along the way.
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.