Flight Research & Predictions
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure and Microservices - Air Supply
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have a massive impact: join the growing team at a company continuously redefining how people travel. Our Air Supply team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers to diversified sources of flight inventory so we can always provide the best deal possible. As a Senior Software Engineer - microservices and Infrastructure, you’ll be responsible to scale, improve and operate our direct supply platform that is running on AWS.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Work with your teammates to improve their working knowledge of AWS and cloud operations
- Evolve and maintain our AWS architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems
- Build and maintain integration microservices to connect with our providers
- Leverage and contribute to a rich microservice architecture system
- Run what you build - DevOps mindset
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thorough understanding of at least two modern programming languages such as Scala, Java, Python or Golang
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, Dynamo, ECS, EC2), and in systems of traceability such as ELK.
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- Thrived in backend technologies and delivered user experience at scale
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- A desire to help our team continuously improve
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Spanish
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team and an environment where pushing limits is everyday business
Full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Life insurance. Long and short-term disability plans. All on us.
Competitive salary. Company stock options. Commuter benefits. 401(k) and RSP retirement savings plan.
Flexible work schedule and vacation plan. Emergency travel assistance. IATA card.
Fully covered public transit fees for any employee who request it!
Hopper at a glance
Hopper focuses on E-Commerce, Online Travel, Big Data, Apps, and Travel. Their company has offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, and Montreal. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Hopper has raised $253M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.