Flight Research & Predictions
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
THE ROLEHopper was built on the premise that the combination of big data and machine learning could make a difference. At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues? bit.ly/2q6U8dq
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our User Acquisition team as a Data Analyst. You’ll lead our marketing analytics projects around attribution, LTV modelling, ROI analysis, and help uncover insights in our ads and user behavior that allow us to efficiently deploy millions of dollars in ad spend per month. As the first analyst on a rapidly growing team, it’ll be a great opportunity to have a big impact and lots of ownership.
You might be a fit if you’re excited about using your data science skills to help us acquire millions of new users across flights, hotels, and car rentals and help Hopper scale to at least 4X its current user base in 2021.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead analytical projects to support our User Acquisition team. Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to help deploy millions of dollars in ad spend
- Help create robust tracking of our campaigns, by combining data from ad networks, internal databases and analytics tools to build LTV and cohort analysis reports
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts, develop and deliver your tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
- Work with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers and engineers
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL
- Experience with marketing analytics concepts like LTV modelling, payback analysis, ROI analysis etc.
- Experience working with growth teams, or running growth projects
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Tableau
- Experience using Google BigQuery
Full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Life insurance. Long and short-term disability plans. All on us.
Competitive salary. Company stock options. Commuter benefits. 401(k) and RSP retirement savings plan.
Flexible work schedule and vacation plan. Emergency travel assistance. IATA card.
Fully covered public transit fees for any employee who request it!
Hopper at a glance
Hopper focuses on E-Commerce, Online Travel, Big Data, Apps, and Travel. Their company has offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, and Montreal. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Hopper has raised $253M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.