India's First Cross Border Neo-Bank with 'Operate', 'Spend' and 'Send' capabilities
Director of Engineering₹20L – ₹25L
We are a London, UK based FinTech startup with a subsidiary in India. Hop is working towards building the next generation digital banking platform for seamless and economical currency exchange, with technology at the crux of it. In a technology driven era, many financial services platforms still lack the customer experience and are cumbersome to use. Hop aims at building a ‘state of the art’ tech-centric, customer focused solution.
This position will be one of the most critical and crucially important positions in the firm and the person hired will have the liberty to drive the product and provide direction in line with business needs.
Looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about technology and has worked with either a start-up or a blue-chip firm in the past.
The candidate needs to be a multi-tasker, highly self-motivated, self-starter and have the ability to work in a high stress environment. He/she should be tech savvy and willing to embrace new technology comfortably.
Ideally, the candidate should have experience working with the technology stack in the scalable and high growth mobile application software.
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Ability to get work done
- Has good code reviewing skills for conformance.
- Has good software testing skills and good code writing skills.
- Full Stack Java Developer with strong hands in NodeJS/Java/Spring Backend Ecosystem and HTML/CSS/Angular/ReactJS Frontend Ecosystem
- Must have strong analysis (both requirements and system) and design skills.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Current experience in applying Domain Driven Development techniques
- Should have capability to provide attention around all the key areas for development – CX, Design, Testing, Deployment and features.
- Should be able to demonstrate a high degree of autonomy, continuously learning curious mindset, DevOps Culture.
- Software engineering experience in an Agile environment. BFSI domain experience is a big plus.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, skills in dealing with a diverse population.
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge
- Excellent customer facing skills that include conducting compelling technical briefing & demonstrations. The person should have a technical aptitude to implement new technologies and articulate the solutions.
*Day-to-Day Responsibilities *
- Actively participate and work with business teams to understand and document function requirements for data capture, analytics and reporting
- Ownership of technical designs, code development, and component test execution to demonstrate alignment to the functional specification.
- Design and develop integrations, enhancements and services based on the requirements for various applications including DevOps requirements
- Research various analytics platform capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
- Performing code reviews, write and execute high quality code with unit and integration tests
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in UI and Backend technologies, microservice design patterns, Open Source libraries and frameworks, and technology architecture concepts
Hop Financial Solutions at a glance
Hop Financial Solutions focuses on Mobile, Banking, Travel & Tourism, Blockchains, and Remittance. Their company has offices in Bengaluru and City of London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.