Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Product Manager, Personalization
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million strong that uses the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. We are looking for experienced Product Managers in our Los Angeles Arts District headquarters to help shape and scale a growing portfolio of products.
About the Role
Honey is a product- and engineering-focused company and the Product Management team is at the heart of everything we do. We collaborate with our peers in Engineering, Design, and Analytics to build products and features that find mutual wins for our customers, our merchant partners, and our business. We partner with the Revenue, Communication, Member Experience, and Marketing teams to successfully bring these products to market. Our culture places a strong emphasis on aligned autonomy, collaboration, and a deep sense of ownership.
The Native Shopping team within Honey is building a marketplace shopping experience that lets users discover products and deals at thousands of merchants all in one place, with a personalized shopping experience and a seamless, universal checkout. Our vision is to create an ecosystem that brings the best possible deals to shoppers while giving merchants of all sizes a sustainable way to grow their business.
We are looking for an experienced, data-minded product manager to lead our Personalization efforts. You will be responsible for setting the vision, strategy, and roadmap for translating the raw insights we have about consumer shopping behavior to create a highly engaging ecommerce experience. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience building personalization systems at scale and a strong understanding for when to deploy rapid iterations on rules-based approaches vs. investing in more intensive machine learning models. You will lead a team of engineers, data scientists, product designers, and analysts to drive new algorithm development, create a plan for continuous optimization, and create measurable impact throughout the shopping experience. This is a crucial initiative at Honey and core to our vision of creating a world-class marketplace for both shoppers and merchants alike.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Product Manager at Honey, you will:
- Use an effective combination of research, data, and product intuition to make timely decisions
- Understand the “why” behind everything we do and instill that understanding across the teams you work with
- Serve as a communication hub and collaborate with other teams to ensure alignment across the ecosystem of Honey products
- Level up the team, providing inspiration and mentorship to more junior product managers and introducing better ways of working and thinking
- Have a deep awareness, respect, and empathy for what we ask of our users and the value we provide them in return
We’re looking for candidates with
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping consumer-facing products, ideally with a focus in personalization and recommendation systems
- Fluency with data science and machine learning concepts, but more importantly, a deep appreciation of what big data can (and can’t) do
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
- The ability to think out of the box when it comes to generating ideas, but an understanding that execution is what ultimately matters
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly
- A strong growth mindset, unwavering grit, and an appetite for being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.