Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Product Manager, Checkout/Payments
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million strong that uses the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. We are looking for experienced Product Managers in our Los Angeles Arts District headquarters to help shape and scale a growing portfolio of products.
About the Role
Honey is a product- and engineering-focused company and the Product Management team is at the heart of everything we do. We collaborate with our peers in Engineering, Design, and Analytics to build products and features that find mutual wins for our customers, our merchant partners, and our business. We partner with the Revenue, Communication, Member Experience, and Marketing teams to successfully bring these products to market. Our culture places a strong emphasis on aligned autonomy, collaboration, and a deep sense of ownership.
The Checkout & Payments teams within Honey are building a variety of products to make it easy for our users to shop and pay using Honey. From simplifying and enhancing the checkout experience on 3rd-party merchant sites, to creating a highly optimized payment funnel and post-purchase self-service within our marketplace, to building the underlying infrastructure that powers all of our payments-related products, we are always looking for impactful ways to save our users time and money.
We are looking for product managers to lead various initiatives within the Payments team at Honey. Our ideal candidate will have a blend of strong UX chops as well as a track record for successfully tackling challenging technical problems, with experience building consumer ecommerce products for millions of users. The right person for this role is analytical, adept at collaborating with a variety of teams and stakeholders, and effective in managing the needs of both products and platforms.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Product Manager at Honey, you will:
- Use an effective combination of research, data, and product intuition to make timely decisions
- Understand the “why” behind everything we do and instill that understanding across the teams you work with
- Serve as a communication hub and collaborate with other teams to ensure alignment across the ecosystem of Honey products
- Level up the team, providing inspiration and mentorship to more junior product managers and introducing better ways of working and thinking
- Have a deep awareness, respect, and empathy for what we ask of our users and the value we provide them in return
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping consumer-facing products at scale (ideally 1M+ monthly users)
- Experience bringing new products or significant features from zero to 100% in SaaS, payments, healthcare, or data software verticals
- The ability to take a complex product or feature set and abstract it into a simple, enjoyable user experience
- Experience working with Regulatory, Compliance and Legal teams
- The inclination to get your hands dirty in the details, while remaining strategic in your thinking
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
- The ability to think out of the box when it comes to generating ideas, but an understanding that execution is what ultimately matters
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly
- A strong growth mindset, unwavering grit, and an appetite for being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.