Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Frontend Engineer - Merchant Platforms
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Merchant Platforms team in our new Seattle office. This team focuses on building new and innovative ways to scale the number of merchants working with Honey.
Our team's mission is to scale Honey to integrate with millions of merchants across the web. We intend to do this by designing and building high quality tools and services to support our business partners and merchants, while applying robust monitoring and operational best practices to these systems. We own tools and services supporting new and existing Honey merchants, finding deals and applying coupons for millions of Honey users, and placing orders with merchants through the Honey mobile app.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Merchant Platforms team, you'll take part in building the next generation of software that will enable customers to save money on everything they buy. You will own the front-end development of tools that our partners, merchants and internal stakeholders critically rely on everyday. You can expect to work with other engineers, product managers, and UI designers. Since we’re building from the ground up, you will need to design, implement, deploy, monitor and iterate your area of ownership. Your contribution will impact how Honey provides a better way to buy online and make money more fair for everyone.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Honey, you will:
- Build and iterate on internal web applications with a focus on reliability and performance
- Write, review and test code in a collaborative software development environment
- Participate in initiatives to support key strategic programs at Honey
- Work closely with product management to vet requirements and translate those requirements to technical solutions
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s millions of users
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository - e.g., Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket
- You know what parts of your code require tests (and write those tests)
- You know about continuous integration systems like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- You have built monitoring and alerting for your production systems
- You are familiar with microservice architecture and Agile development methodology
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your code in production
- You have great verbal and written communication skills
- CS degree or equivalent
- Passion for online shopping (or at least like a deal)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Ruby, CircleCI, Node.js, NPM, Git, GitHub, Golang, Kubernetes, Docker
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.